This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Non-Phone Work-from-Home Jobs
Do you want to work from home, but you’re deathly terrified of talking to people over the phone? Does the prospect of the phone ringing to talk to a customer or client send you the nerves? Well, you’re not the only one.
Fortunately, there are a lot of non-phone work-from-home jobs that allow you to work in peace, by yourself, and you won’t even have to talk to someone over the phone.
Who are Non-Phone Work-from-Home Jobs For?
Online workers need specific gadgets or devices to perform their work efficiently. At the very least, you’ll need a working computer and an internet connection. An email and website are also essential in corresponding with your clients and marketing your services.
But do you need a phone to talk to clients and customers?
Not necessarily, particularly if you signed up for work-from-home “no phone calls required” jobs. These jobs utilize communication platforms and channels that don’t require voice communication. For instance, while you can use Skype for phone calls, you and your client may prefer to do it over chat. Chatting platforms like Google Hangout and Facebook Messenger work well too. Alternatively, you may communicate with clients via project management platforms like Asana, Slack, and Trello.
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for purchases made through these links at NO extra cost to you.
Work-from-Home No-Phone Jobs are ideal for people who:
- Get nervous talking over the phone. Some people just express themselves better over email or chat, and phone calls make them stutter or incomprehensible.
- Have small children. Small children crying, laughing, or playing in the background can distract your communication with the client or customer.
- Live in a noisy neighborhood. The sound of people loudly chattering, airplanes hovering, or trains and buses can be a huge turn off for voice-related jobs.
- Have noisy pets. Most clients for voice-related jobs don’t encourage dogs barking in the background.
QUICK TIP: One of the best ways to make money from home without having to talk to clients over the phone is BLOGGING. I make a full-time income blogging and it allows me to work in my own time and work from anywhere while raising my kid!
If you are interested in blogging, I’ve put together this in-depth guide here to help you get started and make money with your new blog!
Best Sites and Companies Offering Non-Phone Work-from-Home Jobs
If you have the passion for weaving words into carefully curated content, then freelance writing is one of the best non-phone work-from-home jobs for you!
Freelance writers have the freedom to create their own schedule (typically during their most productive, creative hours), work with companies or individuals, and even write on their own blogs.
Pay for freelance writing jobs vary depending on the number of words per project, as well as the rate on the platform or as per negotiation with your clients.
These are some of the best places where you can find freelance writing jobs:
1. The Hoth – pays $15-$17 per hour
2. Verblio – pays $8-$72 per post
3. Online Writing Jobs – pays $15 per article
4. TextBroker – pay varies according to your writing level. New writers start at $0.7 cents per word, and rates go up to $5.0 cents per word.
5. Scripted – pays $12 to $64 per piece, depending on the type and complexity of the article.
Freelance writing is also one of my favorite non-phone work-at-home jobs because there is a high demand for freelance writers online. I made over $70,000 in my first three years freelance writing part-time.
If you want to make a full-time income from freelance writing, I highly recommend checking out How to Build a Six-Figure Writing Career.
It’s a completely FREE workshop created by Holly Johnson to help you get started and teach you the strategies she has used to increase her writing income to $200,000/ year!
Data entry is the process of entering and managing information into the computer, and it’s simply one of the legitimate online typist jobs that’s perfect for stay-at-home moms with a not-so-quiet household. As a data entry specialist, you must be adept at operating a computer or data entry software, and you should be a fast typist as well.
Below are some of the best places to find data entry jobs:
6. Smart Locating – pays $8.50 per hour.
7. SigTrack – rate varies per job.
8. Dion Data – pay is undisclosed, pays per document
9. Xerox – pays $19 per hour.
10. SmartCrowd – pays $5-$6 per hour.
Related Post: 11 Legitimate Data Entry Jobs from Home
Transcription is one of the best immediate hire work-from-home jobs that are non-voice. With transcription, you will need to write out an audio file into text, and then check it for errors and accuracy. You don’t need any fancy degree to become a transcriptionist, but it helps to be a fast and accurate typist.
You can find transcription jobs for beginners at:
11. TranscribeMe – pays $15-$22 per audio hour
12. GoTranscript – pays $0.60 per audio minute
13. Rev – pays $0.40-$0.75 per audio minute
14. Quicktate – pays between $0.0025 and $0.005 per word
15. Scribie – pays $5-$25 per audio hour
Janet Shaughnessy, founder of Transcribe Anywhere, put together a FREE 7-lesson transcription course. You can check it out here!
If you have an eagle eye for errors in spelling, grammar and syntax, proofreading is a great option for you. Proofreaders are in-demand these days and there are LOTS of proofreading opportunities online. You can also specialize in legal proofreading and make an average of $48,000 per year!
Check out these places to find online proofreading jobs for beginners:
16. Proofreading Services – pays $19-$46 per hour
17. Prompt – pays $20-$28 per hour
18. Scribbr – pays $25-$27 per hour
19. American Journal Express – pays $25 per hour
20. Cactus Communications – pays $14-$19 per hour
After getting brutally fired, Caitlyn Pyle decided to start a freelance proofreading business to keep the lights on at home. Within that year, she earned over $40,000 proofreading part-time. Proofreading became her primary source of income for many years and now she’s teaching thousands of others how to do the same!
Caitly created an in-depth 76-minute introductory course that’s completely FREE to help you get started. You can attend Caitly’s FREE proofreading workshop by clicking here!
If you are fond of numbers and have the inclination of entering and managing financial data, then working as a bookkeeper is one of the best work-from-home non-phone jobs for you!
Bookkeeping does not require a special degree and if you have no experience in bookkeeping, don’t worry. You can learn the skills you need to launch a bookkeeping business from home.
Check out these places to find online bookkeeping jobs for beginners:
21. Accounting Department – pays $20 per hour for part-time bookkeeping
22. Belay – pays $15 – $30 per hour
23. Bookminders – rate unspecified
24. ClickAccounts – rate unspecified
25. ClickNwork – rate unspecified
While there are lots of sites where you can get quick bookkeeping jobs, you could make more money if you started your own bookkeeping business from home. The good news is that you can learn how to start a virtual bookkeeping business from home through Bookkeeping Business Launch.
Created by Ben Robinson, Bookkeeping Business Launch is a comprehensive bookkeeping course that teaches all you need to know to start a bookkeeping business from scratch. If money is an issue, Ben is also offering a FREE class here!
Busy business owners nowadays outsource some of their tasks to virtual assistants so they can have more time on other aspects of their business, leisure or their families.
Virtual assistance typically does not involve phone calls, except if you work as an online call center agent or phone representative. Virtual assistants help in various ways, from research, data entry, to social media, content production and more.
Find virtual assistant jobs at the following websites
26. Virtual Office VA – pay starts at $9 per hour
27. Fancy Hands – pays $8 to $12 per hour
28. Worldwide 101 – pays $18 to $20 per hour
29. Belay – pays $13 to $19 per hour
30. OkayRelax – pays $8 per hour
In 2014, Gina Horkey decided to start her own side hustle offering writing and virtual assisting services. Within a few months, she was earning $4,000 per month on top of her day job income.
She left her day job later on to work full-time as a VA and now she’s teaching others how to become a virtual assistant in 30 days or less and make a full-time income from home.
Online teaching is a fantastic side hustle if you are passionate about teaching, love kids and have a cheerful personality. Typically, you will work with one to four kids at any given class and you get to pick your own working hours. In most cases, you will be teaching English as a second language to kids.
31. VIPKid – pays a base salary of $7-9 per 25-minute lesson
32. QKids – Pays up to $20/hour
33. 51Talk – pays up to $19/hour
34. Magic Ears – pays $18 and $26 hourly
35. GogoKid – pays $14 hourly
Related Post: 9 Best Online Tutoring Jobs
If you have bursts of minutes or hours that you spend idly, you can make money from that spare time doing micro jobs. These jobs don’t pay as lucratively as other gigs mentioned herein, but they also don’t take a lot of time or require any special skill. The rate per tasks varies, but the more that you complete, the more money you’ll make.
I’ll be honest: You will never make anywhere near a full-time income with this method. But it’s one of the easiest ways to make money and you don’t need to talk to someone over the phone to make money. In fact, you don’t have to do much to make money using the following apps and you’ll even earn $40 for simply signing up for the following money-making apps:
41. Swagbucks– Earn gift cards or PayPal cash for answering surveys, playing games and more. Get $5 free for just signing up!
43. Ibotta – Earn money for taking a picture of your grocery receipts with Ibotta. Get up to $20 bonus for joining Ibotta here!
44. Rakuten – By shopping through this portal, you can earn up to 40% cash back on your online purchases at over 2500 partner stores. A bonus? Rakuten will give you $10 FREE for trying it! You’ll get this bonus after making your first $25 worth of purchase/s using Rakuten.
45. Decluttr – Make money selling your clutter to Decluttr! Decluttr is both an app and a website that accepts old electronics, CDs and DVDs and pay you with cash. You just fire up the app on your phone, scan the product’s barcode, and Decluttr tells you how much they offer for each item.
Food delivery is perfect for people who want to make money from their cars or vehicles. Basically, you’ll pick up customers’ orders from a restaurant, and then deliver the meals straight to the customers’ address by driving your own car, bike or scooter. You need to be of legal age, drive a car, have a license and insurance to qualify as a food delivery driver.
46. DoorDash – pays $8-15 per hour
47. PostMates – pays up to $25 per hour
48. Instacart – pays $10-25 per hour
49. Shipt – pays $15-25 per hour
50. Caviar – pays up to $25 per hour
Are You Ready to Take on Non-Phone Work-from-Home Jobs?
As you can see, there are lots of non-phone work-from-home jobs available. But which ones should you choose?
The right non-voice side hustle for you depends largely on your passion and interests, and the existing skills that you already have. Take an inventory of your skills and interests, and consider investing in learning more so you can expand your reach and bring more value to your clients. Having valuable skills will not only increase your chances of getting hired but will also help you get better rates.