Viggle claims to allow you to start earning Perk points simply by watching tv or listening to music. But what is this Viggle App, how does it work, and does it really pay? Let’s find out in this Viggle review.
We’ve all heard about get-paid-to sites from which people can earn money for answering surveys, reading emails, or playing games. But did you know that are specialized get-paid-to apps designed for TV and music fans? For example, an app called Viggle allows you to earn Viggle points to watch TV, which is perfect for all the couch potatoes!
With Viggle, you can earn money by watching your favorite TV program on your phone. It’s that easy! Once you’ve accumulated enough Perk points, you can redeem gift cards or cash out via PayPal. You’ll also earn bonus points by doing simple tasks within the app.
While that all sounds too easy, is it really worth the hype? How much money can you make on the Viggle app and redeem your Perk points?
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a commission at NO extra cost to you for your purchases made through these links. Disclosure.
What is Viggle?
Table of Contents
Viggle is an award-winning mobile app that pays Viggle members to watch tv and listen to music.
Viggle was launched in 2012 and now has millions of downloads and thousands of users.
It allows users to watch TV or stream music. But apart from the entertainment factor, Viggle offers something more: the app will enable you to earn Perk points. Viggle uses audio recognition technology to monitor your activity within the app.
Since Perk powers Viggle, deemed the top provider for mobile reward programs, Viggle says users get plenty of reward options for real-life rewards.
These Perk points can be exchanged as gift cards, used to buy merchandise, or even deposited into your PayPal account as cash.
How Does Viggle Work?
The Viggle app is super easy to use.
- Go to the Google play store or Apple store and download the Viggle app to your iOs or android device.
- Register your account and create a profile.
- Log into your Viggle account daily to watch TV or listen to music. First, click the “check-in” button to let Viggle know you’re tuned in. Then, watch the featured shows to start earning Perk points. There are TV shows that allow you to earn 4 to 15 times more than you usually would.
- You’ll earn Viggle points when you stream through Viggle, including watching shows on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon.
- Exchange your Viggle points for Perk points. You can then redeem your Perk points for gift cards. There are plenty of gift card options, including top brands and retail stores.
- You can earn up to 60,000 Perk points in a month.
- You should engage in bonus shows if you want to keep earning points. These shows give you bonus points that also let you win gift cards.
In short, Viggle is an intuitive app that allows you to make money while watching TV. Moreover, those gift cards are just as good as cash since you can use them for in-store and online purchases.
- 13 Easy Ways To Get Paid To Watch Netflix and Other Videos Online
- Watch Videos For Money: 8 Real Sites that Pay
- Is Lucky Chip Spin Legit? The Shocking Truth!
- MyPoints Review: What You Need to Know Before Signing Up
- 20+ Legit Apps To Win Real Money with Your Smartphone
Image source: Viggle
One of the most important things to remember when signing up for Viggle is to sign up for Perk. It is only possible to convert or transfer Perk points if you have a Perk account, so make sure you have this one as well.
Who Can Join Viggle
Are you ready to earn Perk points? Great! But are you qualified to join Viggle?
One of the things I like about Viggle is that it’s a free app. You don’t have to pay anything to sign up and create a profile on the Viggle app. Once that’s all setup, you can earn points for gift cards just by watching TV.
But while Viggle is indeed a free app, only some can join Viggle.
So if you’re interested to win gift cards on Viggle, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must be at least 13 years old
- You reside in the United States
These are two primary conditions to meet to sign up for Viggle. However, it’s also important to remember that certain rewards are available to specific users (for instance, those who have to meet a particular number of daily check-ins or earn a minimum number of points).
Suffice it to say, the more you watch TV or listen to music through Viggle, the more Perk points you can win and the more rewards you can get. Of course, if you have the effort and extra time for other tasks, like answering surveys or installing other apps, that also helps increase your points.
And oh, watching commercial breaks and joining in real-time trivia games also help you earn Perk points! Want to try your luck? Enter sweepstakes once a month, and you may just win cool prizes!
Easiest Ways to Make Money Online
- Swagbucks – Get paid to answer surveys, watch videos or shop online! Get a welcome bonus here for just signing up!
- MyPoints – Earn points to read emails, answer surveys, shop online, or play games and convert your points into cash. Get up to $10 bonus with your first purchase.
- InboxDollars – Get paid to answer surveys and more. Get $5 free for joining here.
- Buy groceries for other people and get paid for it. Become an Instacart shopper here and get paid up to $16.49 per hour!
- Branded Surveys- Get paid instantly by answering simple questions. Join now!
- Neighbor– Rent out your extra space at home and make money. Join Neighbor!
- Looking for a job? FlexJobs is my recommended job site for flexible, work-from-home jobs. Get an exclusive discount of up to 30 percent off with the promo code FLEXLIFE.
- FeetFinder – Sell pics of your feet on FeetFinder and make money!
How Does Viggle Pay You?
Viggle makes it so easy to make money and earn Perk points just by watching TV. But how does Viggle pay you?
Well, Viggle pays its users in a couple of ways. As already mentioned, you would need to have your Perk account ready to exchange Perk points and redeem gift cards.
What I like about Viggle is that it is transparent with the points you need to earn to obtain a specific reward. So when you go to the rewards section, you’ll find several prizes and their corresponding required points.
You can redeem your Perk points through a debit card Perk Plastik, transfer to your PayPal account, or exchange them with merch products.
Viggle Pros and Cons
If you’re curious about Viggle and still trying to decide whether it’s worth giving a shot, I’ve listed the Viggle pros and cons below to help you out.
- Free to download and easy to create an account
- Many rewards to choose from, plus bonus points for watching featured shows and doing small tasks
- Cash rewards can be redeemed through the debit card Perk Plastik or PayPal
- It’s a super easy way to win gift cards
- It is not BBB-accredited
- It has become super slow and difficult to earn more points and get more rewards
- It is only available in the US and users need to be at least 13 years old
Is Viggle Legit?
Yes, Viggle is legit. It pays you cash or exchange Perk points for gift cards. However, it pays to remember that Viggle is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Viggle was a hit when it first started. It has been downloaded millions of times over the years. It was many people’s favorite free entertainment rewards app many years ago.
Viggle uses auditory recognition technology to monitor user interaction and awards points that may be redeemed for various gift card options. The points system is a real way to get paid for something you’re already doing, like watching TV or listening to music, even though it may not be as lucrative as straight cash payments.
But Viggle’s fame started to wane over the last few years due to negative reviews online.
Viggle Reviews: What do people say about Viggle?
Nine years ago, Viggle was a very popular app; the first users could attest to its legitimacy.
However, when Perk acquired Viggle a couple of years back and changed its points system, many people became even more dissatisfied.
Viggle Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get paid on Viggle?
Viggle pays you to watch TV or listen to music. Once you check-in, the app activates its audio recognition system and tracks your time and activity. You get paid with Viggle points for doing so, and then you can exchange your Viggle points with Perk points. Plenty of rewards options include merchandise, gift cards, and cash.
How much can I earn with the Viggle app?
How much you earn on the Viggle app depends on how much time you spend using it. So you should check in whenever you want to watch TV or stream your favorite TV program. However, you could only earn a maximum of 60,000 Viggle points monthly.
What happened to Viggle?
Viggle was launched in 2012, and it has seen its glory days. However, over the years, users have become more disappointed with the app as it’s now more lucrative than it once was. While Viggle is still available to download today, it is no longer being heavily promoted.
Is Viggle Worth It?
If you have satellite or cable TV and spend much time in front of the tube, Viggle may be worth it. Activating Viggle on your app does not distract you from watching.
But if you want to make money and win gift cards and cool prizes, I suggest not setting your expectations too high. Viggle is past the golden era, and it’s not paying much. But you could explore other legit apps that pay you to watch TV or videos, such as Swagbucks, Inbox Dollars, and Perk TV.