Lucktastic gives you an easy, fun, and free way to play scratch-off cards and join sweepstakes online. But is this app as amazing as it sounds? Find out in this Lucktastic review.
Do you feel today’s your lucky day to play some scratch cards? With Lucktastic, you can play digital scratch cards on your smartphone.
It’s free to join and the best thing is it claims to let you win real cash!
But is Lucktastic legit? Is it safe? Does it really pay real money or is it all a scam? I signed up to find out! Let’s get into the nitty-gritty of this game app in this Lucktastic review.
Disclaimer: I am not an affiliate or a member of Luckstatic. It’s been my goal here at This Mama Blogs to help you find legit money-making opportunities online. This review has been researched with information available on the internet and/or based on personal experience using the product. Any opinion drawn in this post is entirely my own.
What is Lucktastic?
Lucktastic is a fun app created by Jump Ramp Games. The app was launched in 2012 and has since been downloaded over 10 million times.
Basically, this app is the digitized version of scratch cards, giving you a chance to win cash and gift cards. It is completely free, it is easy to play and most importantly, you can win cash prizes, for real.
Apart from scratch cards, Lucktastic also runs daily sweepstakes where winners can win $500 worth of Amazon gift cards, a Jump Ramp contest with $1 million USD at stake, and the Sweet Money Contest where you can win money, up to $100,000.
According to the news, the largest Lucktastic cash prize payout was $1 million USD, won by a man from Las Vegas in 2017.
It looks like Lucktastic is pretty generous in giving cash rewards. But what are your odds of winning playing Lucktastic? Does it really pay cash or will it only rip you off?
Who Can Join Lucktastic?
The Lucktastic app is currently available for users of both iOS and Android phones. Keep in mind that you cannot play scratch cards from your computer.
Additionally, the app is currently accessible in the US. Also, you need to be at least 13 years old to play and win rewards on Lucktastic.
Getting Started With Lucktastic
If you meet the conditions stated above, you can start enjoying Lucktastic and winning cash rewards and digital gift cards.
- Download and install the app into your smartphone device.
- Enter your Zip Code to verify that you’re in the US. You are also asked to enable your GPS.
- Scratch your first card. You’ll instantly get a scratch card as a signup bonus.
- Scratch more cards. The more cards you scratch, the more prizes you stand to win.
- Log in daily. Come back every day and scratch all the cards available to win more prizes.
- Refer the app to your friends. You’ll earn extra prizes when friends sign up through your referral.
- Join contests and sweepstakes. Lucktastic offers generous cash prizes to contest winners. When you have enough tokens, you should join these contests as well.
How Does Lucktastic Work?
Playing the Lucktastic app gives you the opportunity to win gift cards and real cash prizes. You can play instant win scratch cards to earn cash, earn tokens, enter contests, and more. Read below the detailed descriptions on how to win rewards through Lucktastic.
Source: Google Play Store
The primary way to win real prizes on Lucktastic is through digital scratch cards. You’ll have access to scratch cards every day. All you have to do is choose a themed scratch card and start scratching it. If you get three winning symbols, you win! It’s really that easy!
Here are some of the things you have to keep in mind when you start playing games on the app:
- Access to scratch cards resets every day at 5 AM EST or 2 AM PST. You’ll also get bonus cards between 1 AM and 5 PM EST. Plus, there’s an extra nightfall card at 9 PM EST. You can easily keep track of new scratch cards by allowing Lucktastic to send you to push notifications.
- There’s a time limit for playing games so make sure to scratch away before your deadline expires.
- You have to endure viewing the video ads. One of the ways Lucktastic makes money is by showing video ads from its advertisers. You cannot skip these 30-second video ads.
- The scratch game earns you entries to various entries where you can win gift cards and cash prizes.
Source: Google Play Store
Each scratch game earns tokens, so if you did not get the winning symbols, you still win tokens.
So what do you use your Lucktastic tokens for?
Well, you use them to redeem instant rewards as well as entities to contests. You can choose from a wide variety of retail gift cards to exchange your tokens with, such as Old Navy, Amazon, and Dunkin’ Donuts.
You’ll have to earn thousands of tokens before you can redeem gift cards, so you have to keep playing to earn them. There are also other ways to earn more tokens which I will discuss below.
Source: Google Play Store
You can also use your tokens to enter contests, which are like sweepstakes. You could win a gift card and real money, as well as amazing rewards like a month’s worth of groceries. While the odds of winning in contests are slim, you only need to gamble a few tokens to enter.
Contest winners are chosen randomly using Lucktastic’s automated system. If you win prizes, Lucktastic will send you an email notification. Make sure to confirm within 48 hours, or another winner will be drawn.
Lucktastic rewards its most loyal gamers with exclusive offers by way of its VIP Program. VIP members have the opportunity to earn extra rewards, giving you more chances to win prizes.
The VIP program comes with different tiers:
- Insider – this is the first-level tier and you automatically qualify when you sign up for Lucktastic. You’ll receive earn bonus points and get a VIP Insider scratch card as your very first freebie.
- Bronze, Silver, and Gold VIPs – You can monitor your VIP status in the scorecard in the app. You’ll also know what you have to do to unlock the next level.
- Gold VIPs – right now, this is the highest VIP level. With this status, you earn several perks, like Daily 500, 1000, and 2000 token scratch cards, weekly entry to the $5, $10, and $25 Amazon gift card raffle, and so much more!
- To achieve the next VIP status or maintain your Gold VIP, you have to keep earning crowns. The app will tell you how many crowns you need. You can collect more crowns by downloading partner apps.
Another easy way to win more tokens is to refer your friends to Lucktastic. Simply head over to the app, click on the “clover” icon, and select “Friends.” This shares your referral code to your friends in your Facebook account, SMS, Twitter, and email. When your friend signs up through your referral, you instantly win 1,000 tokens.
Extra Ways To Earn More Tokens and Win Real Money on Lucktastic
I have discussed the five best ways to earn prizes on Lucktastic, but it doesn’t end there. There are a couple more ways to win mobile rewards on Lucktastic.
- Log in daily – Lucktastic lets you earn points just for opening the app five days in a row. The trick is to take a one-day break so that the counter resets before giving it another go.
- Install partner apps – Lucktastic recommends downloading its partner apps. In exchange, you get to earn points that are sometimes higher than what you’d win from scratch tickets.
- Become a college ambassador – if you’re a college student who enjoys playing the scratch card on Lucktastic, you might want to promote the app to others and earn digital gift cards.
How To Redeem Cash Prizes and Gift Cards
The minimum cash out for you to redeem your cash prize is $5. Lucktastic can send your prize as a check. If you have less than $5 and would like to redeem it, you can course it through Dwolla. Dwolla is a free service and you can transfer your Lucktastic cash prizes anytime to your Dwolla account.
Tokens, on the other hand, have no monetary value. You cannot convert them into cash. However, you can redeem tokens as instant rewards which come in the form of gift cards, magazine subscriptions, and more.
You need at least 15,000 tokens to redeem gift cards. Simply head over to the app, click on the “clover” icon and click Redeem Tokens. Choose the gift card you want to redeem.
Is Lucktastic Legit?
Lucktastic looks legit.
Lucktastic was created by Jump Ramp Games, an established company known for its innovative mobile gaming applications. Jump Ramp specializes in games that provide casual gaming and an instant winning experience, and this is what Lucktastic is all about.
There have been Lucktastic winners in the past. A man from Las Vegas even won a $1 USD jackpot way back in 2017.
Photos of past winners are featured on the Lucktastic website.
In addition, Lucktastic makes money, too, from advertising.
My Personal Experience with Lucktastic
I got interested in Luckstatic so I tried it, and here’s what happened.
Because I am based in Puerto Rico and not in the US, I was not able to download the app on my phone but I was able to play on Lucktastic using the Safari or Google app.
I simply searched the official Lucktastic website in my iPhone’s Safari app, and on the homepage, I clicked the orange button that says “Download on your smartphone to PLAY NOW!”
Then, I entered my zip code and I was able to start playing.
After signing up, I was given these few cards to scratch for free, which could give me a prize of up to $2000 if I get three matching symbols. I was able to scratch three of them but, unfortunately, I didn’t win a cash prize. However, I was awarded tokens that I could use to enter contests to win money or redeem as gift cards.
Three of the scratch cards, however, required me to install first another game app and a rewards app that I already had on my phone. I didn’t want to install new apps on my phone, so I was not able to scratch the other cards.
Overall, the app was easy to use and well-designed, and I liked the opportunities to earn tokens every day. However, it takes a lot of tokens to enter a contest.
- Best Gift Cards Exchange Kiosks Near You
- Mistplay Review: How To Earn Free Gift Cards Playing Mobile Games
- 20+ Proven Ways To Get Free Steam Codes in 2022
Lucktastic Reviews From Users
In this part of my Lucktastic review, let’s try to get the perspective of what real users think and feel about this app.
On Google Play, users say that they did enjoy using the app and have collected enough tokens to redeem a gift card. But the common complaint is that when they do try to redeem, the app would give them an “error message” or that the cards are no longer available.
Source: Google Play Store
I’ve also checked out Trustpilot to see what others are saying and found that complaints are about redeeming gift cards as well.
Lucktastic seems to be doing well when it started, but more and more people are complaining about how stressful it is to redeem rewards (and not being able to redeem at all). I think the company has to do something to make the redemption process easier and straightforward.
Lucktastic Pros and Cons
Still trying to decide whether to give Lucktastic a shot? Here are the pros and cons to help you decide.
What I Like
- It’s a free app. You don’t pay anything to play.
- You win real cash and gift cards.
- Several ways to earn cash and tokens.
What I Don’t Like
- You have to watch ads to continue playing.
- Low odds of winning.
- Difficulty redeeming gift cards.
- It takes a lot of tokens to earn a prize.
Lucktastic Review FAQs
Is Lucktastic a safe app?
Because you only need to provide your basic information and won’t have to give away sensitive banking details, I can say that the risk of using Lucktastic is pretty low.
But more importantly, since it is downloaded from Google Play and the iPhone app store which claim to monitor the security of their apps, I can say that Lucktastic is a pretty safe app. Both Google and Apple have an extensive list of requirements that apps like Lucktastic need to comply with before they get published on the said platforms.
How do I withdraw from Lucktastic?
You can withdraw your cash prize as a check or transfer it into your Dwolla account.
Can you really win money on Lucktastic?
Yes, it seems a lot of people have won real money on Lucktastic but I cannot prove the legitimacy of those claims. There are pictures of people holding checks of their winnings on the Lucktastic website, though.
What are the odds of winning Lucktastic?
I cannot find information on whether Lucktastic is regulated by the government like Powerball and other lotteries, so at this point, I can assume that the chances of winning with Lucktastic are pretty slim. Playing Lucktastic is a gamble, it is a game of chance.
Is Lucktastic Worth It?
If you are merely looking to have some fun and have an element of thrill and surprise, then playing scratch cards is a great option. You can play scratch-off tickets in a matter of seconds, so it’s a great game to play while passing the time.
But if you’re not really making money playing Lucktastic because it is a game of chance. While it is a free app, you’ll also lose time if you try to take it too seriously. You’re better off spending that time doing productive things. I don’t recommend treating this as a side hustle because the income is unpredictable and inconsistent.
If you are looking for more sustainable ways to make money online, I highly recommend reading the following posts:
25 Best Stay at Home Mom Jobs that Pay Well
How to Become a Proofreader from Home with No Experience
How to Invest and Make Money Daily: 12 Real Investment Methods
17 Amazing Online Side Jobs that Pay Really Well
Have you tried Lucktastic and other apps similar to it? How was your experience? Do share in the comments.
Leave a Reply