This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Looking for Proofread Anywhere reviews? You’re in the right place!
If you’re someone who can easily spot errors in a document, whether there’s a missing apostrophe, misplaced comma, misspelled word, or inappropriate word, you could make money proofreading and editing. As a proofreader, your primary duty is to go over a text document with “eagle eyes,” spot errors and correct them.
If that sounds like a dream job or the perfect side hustle for you, then great! There are lots of people who are already working as freelance proofreaders, and they’re making good money. But what if you don’t have the experience or your skills need some brushing up?
Well, I did some digging and found that you can actually study proofreading through Caitlyn Pyle’s Proofread Anywhere. This course aims to help people who are interested in making money out of proofreading. Once you get the hang of it and you’ve got your first client, you can build your business up, take it anywhere, and enjoy the freedom and flexibility it brings.
But before that, you have to make sure that Proofread Anywhere is what it says it is. So, I looked into a couple of Proofread Anywhere reviews and found a lot of exciting things. I’m going to share them with you, and hopefully, these will help you determine whether the course is right for you or not.
Why Become a Proofreader?
Disclaimer: I personally have not taken the course. This Proofread Anywhere Review has been researched and reviewed with information from and testimonials by people who have taken the course. Conclusions drawn in this post are my own.
Working as a proofreader has many benefits. For the work-at-home folks, proofreading presents an excellent way to earn an income while still being there for the family. In particular, freelance proofreading gives you the following benefits:
- Flexibility – you have more control of your time, schedule, and workload as a proofreader. You can accept and turn down projects to your discretion, work on a schedule that fits your lifestyle, and work as many or as little as you can. In most cases, you get to call the shots and enjoy life on your own terms.
- Demand – there’s always a demand for proofreaders, from students, writers, publishers, researchers, ad agencies, journalists to organizations, and corporations. Any written content, whether it’s college essays, blog posts, whitepapers, journals, thesis, novels and books, and more!
- Low startup – you do not need to spend so much when you’re just starting out as a proofreader. At the very least, you’ll need a computer or iPad with a word processing program, internet connection and subscription to style guides.
- Salary – how much you make from proofreading depends on how much you want to work, specialty, and experience. But according to Glassdoor, proofreaders make an average of $44,000 a year.
- Scalability – proofreading is one of the most scalable businesses in our age. You can work by yourself, join an agency, take in other employees, and build your own company.
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure Policy here.
Proofread Anywhere By Caitlyn Pyle
If you want to learn how to become a proofreader, the first thing you need to look into would be learning materials, courses, and training that would teach you to be one.
Caitlyn Pyle is a household name in the proofreading industry. She crafted the comprehensive course on proofreading called “Proofreading Anywhere.” You could look into Caitlyn Pyle reviews if you’d like to know her more, and you’re guaranteed to find plenty of information and her course around the web.
But like a lot of work-from-home hustlers, Caitlyn’s career on proofreading did not start big. She started proofreading when she was studying in Germany, and she would proofread essays of other college students.
Knowing that she had the knack for proofreading, Caitlyn worked as a proofreader for court reporters in 2012. She was well-known as the “Eagle Eyes” for she can spot an error right away. Her impressive work with the court reporters gave her full-time income for the next three years.
And then, in 2014, Caitlyn started a blog called Proofread Anywhere. Her goal was to share her success story and inspire other women to take charge of their lives by working as a freelance proofreader. It sort of exploded from there, leading Caitlyn to create a course that’s being sought-after by numerous aspiring proofreading students.
What is Proofread Anywhere? What’s Inside the Course?
A lot has been said on Proofread Anywhere reviews. But what does the course contain and how does it help students become better and expert in proofreading?
General Proofreading: Theory and Practice
So, you can choose between two courses. The first one, General Proofreading: Theory and Practice teaches how to spot errors and use this ability to make an income even without experience, wherever you are.
If you don’t have any experience in professional proofreading, but feel that you have the abilities to be one, then this course gives you a proper introduction into the industry.
General Proofreading: Theory and Practice is divided into 9 modules with over 60 lessons and is packed with grammar-specific worksheets, real-life job examples, student workbooks and quizzes, worksheets, case studies, and more.
I’ve noticed that Caitlyn covered all the essential topics to get any potential proofreading student all geared up in making money, even if one does not have the experience. For instance, she gives an introduction in module one and then moves on to discussing the right mindset, basics of proofreading, methods, and practices all the way to how you can establish a proofreading business.
The course also comes with several bonus materials on writing, freelancer tax guide, and mindset. I think it’s awesome that the course comes with these materials so that one can truly establish and manage a work-from-home proofreading business.
For a limited time, Caitlyn is offering a proofreading workshop completely FREE. Click this link to sign up for the proofreading training without paying anything.
As you already know, Caitlyn worked as a proofreader for court reporters and this job was her bread and butter for a few years. Now, she came up with a course called Transcript Proofreading which is geared towards people who want to take proofreading more seriously and learn Caitlyn’s recipe for success.
Transcript Proofreading is a rigorous and in-depth training program that takes your proofreading career to a whole new level. When you finish the course with a grade of 90% or higher, you will also receive a certificate of completion.
Unlike General Proofreading which you can complete at your own pace, module per module, Transcript Proofreading takes you level by level. You don’t get to jump to level 2 or 3 if you haven’t finished level 1 yet, so make sure that you can truly commit to this course to make it worth your while.
Here’s how the course is structured:
Level 1: Beginner Basecamp – this is a 7-day introduction wherein you’ll be walked through the basics of court reporting and transcript proofreading. This level tells you whether proofreading is right for you.
Level 2: Jumpstart – this is where you learn the nuts and bolts of proofreading. This level takes 30 days to complete. In Jumpstart, you’ll learn about the technical aspects of proofreading, such as spotting errors, formatting, misused words, common legal and medical terms, punctuation rules and more. Once you’ve completed Level 2 with a score of 80% or more, you proceed to the next level.
Level 3: NextSteps – this is a 60-day practice where you’ll learn how to markup transcripts using four methods. You’ll have plenty of exercises to sharpen your proofreading skills, and you can always go back to the previous two modules for reference.
Level 4: Launch & Earn – finally, you’ll know how to launch your business as a proofreader for court reporters. In this last step, you’ll learn to connect and communicate with court reporters, as well as the best practices in billing, rates negotiations, tax filing, and budgeting. You’ll have to take a final exam to proceed to the modules 8 and 9, and then apply for the certificate of completion.
As you can see, this course is very intensive and I think it’s best for people who are fully committed to learn and earn from court transcript proofreading. I also like that it was structured in a way that you pay as you unlock one level. If you ever feel like you proofreading isn’t a good fit for you and have a change of heart, you only need to pay for that level and opt not to proceed and not invest for an entire course.
Proofread Anywhere Pros and Cons
Here are the pros and cons of Proofread Anywhere to help you decide whether this course is right for you.
- It is self-paced. You can learn at your own time and won’t have to follow a strict schedule. You can create a schedule around your learning and still be able to make time for your other responsibilities.
- Comprehensive learning. The course is designed to help you learn, earn and win at your proofreading career, even without experience. It is so comprehensive that it walks you through each stage step-by-step.
- Incredible support. The course comes with access to online communities where you can find valuable support as you set yourself up for a proofreading career. You can join Proofread Anywhere’s private Facebook page where you can meet fellow students and established proofreaders. You may also join the Alumni group after graduation where you can network with other proofreaders and advertise your services, as well as the Graduate group.
- Lifetime access. Once you’ve purchased the course, you can always go back to it whenever you’d like to. You get to enjoy this valuable learning material for the rest of your life.
- It comes with invaluable resources. Not only will you learn the A-Z of proofreading from this course, but also enjoy other resource materials to help you become a better and effective entrepreneur. The course’s bonus materials cover important topics like tax filing, budgeting, mindset mastery and more.
- It is pricey. The course comes with a hefty price tag. If you’ve already accessed the course and found it unsuitable, you won’t be guaranteed a refund. You don’t even get a free trial. It can be a steep investment, especially for beginners. It is important to consider this carefully before purchasing the course.
- Style guide. The rules and grammar style taught within the course is Chicago Manual of Style. If you are more well-versed with other style guides, you might find shifting a little challenging. It’s doable, but you’ll need some practice.
- Can take time to complete. Given how substantial the course is, you can’t expect to finish everything overnight or during the weekend. You’ll need at least a few months to take everything in. But I guess that’s to be expected. When you pay a premium, you expect to gain as much knowledge as possible.
Proofread Anywhere Reviews: Is Proofread Anywhere Legit?
Considering the course price tag, it’s only right to read Proofread Anywhere reviews to check its legitimacy. After all, you wouldn’t want to spend that much money on a course without value, right? So are there Proofread Anywhere negative reviews? Or are they all positive?
From my research, and gathering from other student reviews, I could say that Proofread Anywhere is indeed legit, and not a scam. There are people who say how their lives have been transformed since taking that course, and how they’re able to live on their own terms now.
I know, we can’t make a claim about a course being a scam or legit without some supporting evidence. So I scoured the internet some more and came across a couple of student reviews.
Motherhood at Home
First, the woman behind Motherhood At Home, Maia, who’s a work-at-home mom juggling different jobs. She’s a virtual assistant, a blogger and a freelance proofreader. So, being a grammar nerd that she is, Maia’s husband quickly called her attention when he came across an ad about Proofread Anywhere.
They’ve just recently welcomed a new baby, and we’re looking for a work-from-home job so she can look after the tiny human and make some money as well. So, she took the course and studied it.
Maia was pleased to report that the course was a primary catalyst to her work-from-home journey.
“A little over a month of graduating, I got my first client! Since then I’ve earned back my tuition fee, and other course costs many times over,” Maia says in her review.
She says you don’t have to already be an expert at anything to learn something. You just need to have the commitment to do it. That means anyone can learn proofreading, even those who’ve never done it before.
And then there’s Catherine, the author of the blog called Turner Proofreading. Catherine is a blogger, copy editor and a freelance proofreader. Like most people who sought work-at-home jobs, Catherine wanted something she can do freely. And returning to office work was not one of her options.
As a writer and copy editor, Catherine thought proofreading can be another great marketable skill she can make money from. She took the course and said it changed her life. She said: “It was the start of my work-at-home journey and directly led to so many opportunities for me to grow my business and earn a full-time income from home.”
Catherine has been proofreading a variety of materials, from college essays, books, newsletters to web content. She says she already got the money back she spent on the course, and then makes a little bit more.
Final Thoughts: Is Proofread Anywhere Worth It?
If you’re wondering how to make money proofreading, even without experience, I believe this course is worth checking out. Based on my research, it is the most intensive and comprehensive course on proofreading available today.
Some Proofread Anywhere reviews say that this course was life-changing for them. It walked them from the very beginning towards the very end so that you can build a career out of proofreading.
But like most things in life, you need to put in work to succeed. We all want value for our money. Given that this course is not exactly cheap, you don’t want to waste the opportunity to learn everything in it.
My recommendation is only invest in it if you can commit to learning. When you do, there is no doubt you will recoup the cost of the course after winning your first few clients, and then make even more!
If you aren’t sure whether proofreading is for you and want to learn more about it, I recommend signing up for Caitlyn’s free proofreading workshop first.